Good Morning America

Did anyone catch the Good Morning America program this morning.  Joan L.
was, apparently, doing a promo for a special of hers (I think tonight) -
part at Los Alamos.  Showed her with a Pu shape in a cladding.  She
commented on the heat then came "one of the most hazardous substances known"
and "a particle as small as the head of a pin inhaled will cause your
death".  The quotes are not exact but close enough.  The death statement was
the stating of an absolute fact.  All the discussions of the linear
hypothesis we have been seeing really don't mean a thing until we get this
kid of statement corrected.  A few words on Good Morning America repeated in
more detail on a special program has more affect than tons of our words
preaching to the choir.  How do you counter act this sort of thing?

Charles (Tommy) Thomas
Los Alamos National Laboratory
TSA-11 MS k557
Los Alamos, NM  87545