Re: Interesting Capabilities, etc.

The Illinois Department of Nuclear safety uses a system based on a Ludlum
Model 2221 scaler with 2X2" NaI detectors with a GPS system to survey
property for radioactive contamination.  We don't use a radio modem with
this system, the system records the data for download.  The system is easily
one-man portable and it is normally mounted on a backpack, although we have
mounted it on vehicles.  For more info you need to call and talk with Tim
Runyon at (217) 786-6365.

Robert Lommler
IL Dept of Nuclear Safety
1301 Knotts Street