Subject: RE: Good Morning America
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at guardian
Date:    10/18/95 9:35 AM

Tommy,

I saw that portion of the show as well (I was home sick, I swear!), and what
perplexes me is that the Los Alamos folks who must have surely been there
would allow Lunden into that facility when they MUST have known that the
only way the press knows how to describe plutonium is using the words
"deadliest substance know to man" and/or "instant death ..."

The public may be naive or ignorant (not stupid) enough to believe Joan
Lunden, but I would certainly think the folks at Los Alamos would know
better than to let the attention-grabbing, sound-biting Ms. Lunden pull a
stunt like that (darkened room, eerie lighting, music and all)!

Regards,
Michael.

Michael Ford
Battelle Pantex