Financing Rad. Safety Programs

The Radiation Safety Program at The Ohio State University reports to the
Assistant Vice President for Environmental Health and Safety, then to the
Associate Vice President for Physical Facilities, then to the Vice President
for Business & Administration, to the President . . .

The Director of Hospitals Safety is a member of our University Radiation
Safety Committee, and is serving on a Finance Subcommittee.  This
subcommittee is looking into how the radiation safety program is financed.
The finance subcommittee was formed due to the recent initiation of fees for
some of Radiation Safety's services.  Prior to these new fees we only
charged for pick up of radioactive waste.  She has asked me to seek out
information from similar educational institutions to see how other Radiation
Safety programs are financed.

What types of activities do you directly charge the users?

What percentage of your operating costs are recovered from fees?

Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated and should be sent to me
directly at jmcguire@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu.  I can also be reached by
phone (614)292-0122 or fax (614)292-6404.