Re: Surveillance of Buried Radioactive Waste -Reply

Luke, that kinda reminds me of what a good buddy of mine
from Georgia Power Company said about ten years ago
when a representative of the media asked him what they
were going to do about some soil that had been
contaminated by a spill of spent fuel pool water. His
response ... "we're going to dig it up ... and bury it!"

Yep ... you're right. We're receiving a little pressure about
sites that were "remediated" in the early 70's not being
"clean enough" by today's standards. I wonder who'll get the
remediation contract for Barnwell?

>>> Luke I. McCormick 10/27/95 09:01 >>>
 We are digging up disposal sites on air bases and sending
them to Washington/Utah/South Carolina for reburial.  (we'll
dig up those sites in 30 or 40 years. :))