Re: Re[2]: STATISTICAL FREE RELEASE RAD SURVEYING TECHNIQUES.

There was quite a bit of discussion on this at the DOE Third
National Meeting on the Radshipping Moratorium held at Salt Lake
City, Utah, April 7-8, 1993.  Unfortunately, I do not believe
an official proceedings was published (at least to my knowledge).

Issues that were particularly contentious were MDA, DL, and
uses of parametric versus non-parametric statistical techniques.
Our delegation had fairly strong thoughts on this.  I believe
that less is definitely known in this area than we were
taught in HP school!

There is more than enough discussion/debate to support a full
day seminar, again in my opinion.

At 03:29 PM 11/8/95 -0600, you wrote:
>This is only a preliminary question:
>
>Would it be worthwhile to consider having a 1 day workshop at one of
>the annual ANS meetings on the subject of statistics and how it
>relates to HP and decontamination issues?
>
>I welcome any comments from RadSafers.
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     John Hughes
>     hughesj@songs.sce.com