Re: Ru-106 Source

From:	NAME: Linda McDaniel
	FUNC: Environmental Health and Safety
	TEL: 593-1666                         <MCDANIEL@A1@LANCE>
To:	MX%"radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu"@OUVAX@MRGATE@OUVAX

    Dear Wyndee,

    Thank you so much for the information.  I will call fedex soon and get
    a packet.  I am currently not in the position to ask to attend a
    training session since I just returned from one, but in a few months, I
    will begin my requests.  I always hear that a squeeky wheel gets the
    grease.  In this case it has to be a squeeky wheel that documents the
    requests at the same time.  Sad but true.  You appear to have good
    relations with the people you work with.  They treat you like a
    professional.  I would like to be treated like a human being here for
    starts.  Women do not hold much standing here at OU.  I believe it is
    too remote and jobs are few.  Many highly educated women have to "take"
    whatever they get here because there is no other place to go.  Many of
    us have husbands coming up for tenure, complicating the options.

    I hope all is well at Vanderbilt.  I still have to sit down and
    organize my Internal Dosimetry Notebook and get my brain in gear.  I'm
    hoping for a little time over Christmas.  I am going to take on some
    problems here.  This workshop will certainly help with the calculations
    to decrease the bioassay program. (My boss has always had this rule to
    urine bioassay everyone, no matter how much material they were using or
    what they were using.  It has taken me seven years to remove staff who
    are using I-125 and get them on the Thyroid program and to remove staff
    permanently who use only 1-5 microcurie kits of tritium.  I still have
    a long way to go.  I would much rather get more training to staff and
    inspect more thoroughly than waste so much time getting monthly urine
    samples from people.)

    Hope your upcoming holidays bring a little R & R.  All of us HP types
    seem to need it.

    Thanks Again.

    Sincerely,

    Linda McDaniel