planned special exposures?

We are having a RAM meeting here in California amongst us regulators, and
an interesting question came up.  We are wondering, since the "new" Part 20
came into existence, has anyone needed and used a planned special exposure?
If so, for what reason, and what was the dose?  We are betting that using PSE's
has not been necessary, considering the criteria for having one - i.e.,
"unusual" incidents where someone was likely to exceed annual limits.

Trisha Edgerton
Senior Health Physicist
California Radiologic Health Branch
pedgerto@hw1.cahwnet.gov