Re: planned special exposures?

We have also been required (DOE contractors) as part of 10
CFR 835 (the Radiation Protection Program) to deal with PSEs.
To answer Patrisha's question, to the best of my knowledge,
SLAC has never had such a circumstance requiring a PSE arise.
Indeed, it is difficult to foresee such an event at the
typical accelerator facility (that is, its easier to turn
it off!).

I believe it was designed to account for some potential
circumstances that could occur at Nuclear Facilities rather
than any likely occurrence at the typical Radiological
Facility (which with the demise of most research reactor
programs accounts for most radionuclide laboratory and
university radiation safety activities).

Again, just an opinion...

At 04:16 PM 11/16/95 -0600, you wrote:

>We are having a RAM meeting here in California ...
>Trisha Edgerton
>Senior Health Physicist
Michael P. Grissom
mikeg@slac.stanford.edu