Initialing NRC Required Records

While writing an SOP on NRC required records, I noticed that 10CFR requires
that many of these records be initialed.  Well many of our records are on
computer, and the initials are being typed in.  I mentioned this to the RPO
here at MAMC, and he told me to call the NRC.

Well, the Region IV office first told me that initials had to be handwritten.
Our Nuclear Pharmacist wasn't happy with that because he has several computer
records, so the office here called again.  The RPO was told to make a technical
inquiry.

I've only been in the field for a year, but I would think this issue has come
up with before.  So, I'm presenting this to Radsafe.  Any comments or
experiences with the NRC in this area would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2LT Harris
Madigan Army Medical Center
jharris@mamc.e-mail.amedd.army.mil