Re: Historic Information

Try the books "Environmental Radioactivy" by Merril Eisenbud;
"Radioactivity in the Environment" by Ron Kathren and Chapter 1 in Volume
I of the "Handbook of Radiation Protection and Measurements" edited by
Allen Brodsky.  I recall an excellent article by Ed Landa in Scientific
American and elsewhere (I'm too lazy and tired from a trip to look them
up for you) a few years ago, and suspect that Paul Frame may be able to
help also.

Ron Kathren