Re: Beta Tx

>       While we're on the subject of Bremsstrahlung, a show of hands.  How
>many of you are receiving your Strontium-89 in lead containers?
>       Shouldn't we be complaining to the suppliers??
>
>Frank P. Dawry    Medical Physicist
>                  Nuclear Medicine Service     ...

What other shielding for the ~900 keV gamma (from Y-89 progeny) would you
suggest?  Sure, lead converts beta energy into brem, but Sr-89, like all
radiopharmaceuticals, gives you photons anyway.

Albert Lee Vest           The Ohio State University
Health Physicist    Room 103 1314 Kinnear Road Bldg
(614)292-1284                     1314 Kinnear Road
avest@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu   Columbus OH 43212
My employer did not review or approve this message.