Financial Surety

Hi everyone,

Well, California it appears, has finally caught up with of the non-agreement
states in that we are now required to show financial surety.  I have just
received my letter from the state requiring me to submit this information by
January 30th of this month.  Nice notice, eh??  Part of the financial surety
includes a decommissioning funding plan.  I am not familiar of what information
should be included in these plans.  We have our decommissioning plan already
completed as part of our radioactive materials license, but the part concerning
the funding is what I would like to concentrate on.  I don't want to put
information in this document that is not necessary and I would like to get input
from others who have completed these documents in the past.

Thank you
Jon Dillon
Ligand Pharmaceuticals
jdillon@ligand.com