Re: ANSI Environmental Monitoring Standards -Reply

     Paul Frame wrote:

     >I could be wrong but I don't believe there is such an animal as
     N13.29. There is a working group for N13.9 which is an environmental
     standard,  but there is not so much as a draft from them. There used
     to be an ANSI N545-1975 "Performance, Testing, and Procedural
     Specifications for Thermoluminescence Dosimetry (Environmental
     Applications)". Don't know if its still being published <

     Thanks for your comment Paul. In June 1993 Marko Moscovitch gave a
     paper at the International Panasonic TLD Symposium on the Draft ANSI
     N13.29 and N13.37 standards. The 13.29 was titled "Environmental
     Dosimetry System Performance: Criteria for Testing" and 13.37 was
     titled "Environmental Thermoluminescent Dosimeters." His comment was
     that 13.37 was to replace ANSI N545-1975. In any event, I have
     received some e-mail suggestions on where to look, but it appears that
     the standards were never published in Final form. Maybe someone will
     enlighten me. I do have several phone calls out now, and am waiting
     for a return call.

     Sandy Perle
     Supervisor Health Physics
     Florida Power and Light Company