Re: Financial Surety

A few comments on Wesley Dunn's reply on the new financial surety
requirements in California

>First, I would recommend that you look at the pertinent regulation.
>It has probably been in effect since January 1995.

How about adopted as an emergency measure, with no warning and no chance for
public input or comment, in late November 1995.  Licensees received a letter
from the state earlier this week informing them of the new regulations.

>Good luck.  Feel free to realize this is just as much of a pain for
>the regulators who got stuck reviewing these things as for the
>licensees who have to come up with them.

No!  The State of California can take months or years to review a plan (we
have much unpleasant history with the State) while licensees have only 3
weeks to write and submit the plan.  Where is regulatory reform when we need it?

Frank E. Gallagher, III, CHP
RSO, Univ. of California, Irvine 92717-2725
Phone: (714) 824-6904, Fax: (714) 824-8539
E-mail: fegallag@uci.edu