Re: Linear, no-threshold <hwade@aol.com>

It seems to me that Dan Strom's point (see below) is valid only if indoor
radon levels have changed over time.  Since housing construction
techniques have changed, and these construction techniques affect indoor
radon levels, then this point is correct.

I have read many threads on LNT on RADSAFE and a question I have for
the LNT bashers that quote B. Cohen's study - If this same study had
been performed and it showed a positive correlation rather than a
negative one, would you support it?

I'm just a dumb operational HP, and I do not feel qualified to comment on
the scientific validity of many of these arguments.  But, it seems
that we are doing the same thing that the media does:  one "expert"
says that the sun sets in the west and the other "expert" says that
the sun sets in the east and both are presented as equally credible.
And these are the so called "mainstream" scientists.

PS, Thanks to D. Strom for the reminder of the tests for statistical
causal relationships.