Re: Linear, no-threshold <hwade@aol.com>

Our studies show little difference in radon levels for those
who did "much","little", or "nothing" to reduce heat loss; the ratio of
radon levels for these was 1.02,0.92,1.00 respectively (Cohen, Hlth Phys
60.634; 1991). I assume that this was because the principal thing was
adding insulation which does not affect radon levels. The questionaire
specifically suggested "weatherstripping, closing gaps under doors,
sealing windows, etc", but that's how the results came out.
	In any case, such an effect would only change absolute radon levels
leaving relative radon levels for various counties less affected. Of
course this effect would be more important in case-control studies
because having a lung cancer death in a house would encourage people
to do something about ventilation. None of the case-control studies
investigate this matter.
 Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh