radsafe.

From: segmkt@caverns.com

I am looking for information on radiation effects on
polyethylene.  There are several general statements in literature,
which indicate that polyethylene begins to be degraded by
radiation absorption at about 2 x 10+7 Rads, and that significant
degradation occurs by 7 x 10+7 Rads.  I am looking for specific
material property degradation in polyethylene (e.g. modulus of
elasticity is degraded by x% for total exposure of X rads).  Is
this a linear progression?  I was able to locate a lot of
information regarding the biological effects of radiation, but
found very little information regarding the exposure of materials
to radiation.

Any assistance you can lend me in my search will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Peter Keegan
segmkt@caverns.com   (work email)
pkeegan@caverns.com  (home email)