Subject: Re: Rad damage to teflon and PTFE
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at Internet
Date:    2/1/96 1:33 PM

In a message dated 96-02-01 13:37:17 EST, Jeffrey Leavey wrote:

>What is the rad damage resistance of teflon and teflon-like
>materials (ie. PTFE)??

I can not be certain about this, but I believe that a problem with the
degradation of High Dose Rate Afterloader source assemblies a few years ago
was related to the fact that they were shipped in teflon containers.  Does
this ring a bell with anyone else, or am I slowing losing it?

Barbara Hamrick
blhamrick@aol.com