Re: HAPPY CENTENNIAL TO THE DISCOVERY OF RADIOACTIVITY

>Dear Friends, We heard a lot last year about the centennial of the
>discovery of x-rays.

Speaking of centennials:

The first x-ray image west of the Mississippi river was exposed at the
Colorado College campus, 100 years ago today, by Florian Cajori, who was
replicating experiments performed by Roentgen and others.

To celebrate, we're firing off some x-ray tubes with no shielding or safety
interlocks this afternoon.  Last person left with their fingers wins.

John

*John DeLaHunt, EH&S      * 1125 Glen Avenue          *
*The Colorado College     * Colorado Springs, CO 80905*
*jdelahunt@cc.colorado.edu* VOX:  (719)389-6678       *
*        Owner:           * FAX:  (719)635-3177       *
*hazmat-l@cc.colorado.edu *                           *
***********This message is hereby disclaimed***********