Re: HAPPY CENTENNIAL TO THE DISCOVERY OF RADIOACTIVITY

>>>Members of radsafe might consider sending a letter to their local newspapers
>>>pointing out the wonderful benefits of radioactivity.<<<

The Brookhaven Lab Public Affairs Office is planning to do just that, but
we hope to target National Public Radio and other major media outlets,
since there are a lot of "tough questions" about the public's perception of
radioactivity, and the scientific realities, that I think they could make
into a good story or series....

Of course, we're offering our services in helping them research the history
of "peaceful" radiation uses, and in providing story ideas on BNL's
involvement in today's theories of health risks and research on medical
uses... ;)

In the letter I'm preparing, I'm advising them to call the American
Physical Society and the American Nuclear Society -- any other sources???

--Kara Villamil
BNL Public Affairs
karav@bnl.gov