Proposed rule re: unathorized use -Reply

At this point I'm not sure it is possible to get any words from this Fed Reg notice onto Radsafe
but I'll give it one more.  "Reporting Requirements for Unauthorized Use of Licensed
Radioactive material", FR 1/31/96 V. 61, #21, pp. 3334-3338.  "NRC is proposing to add a new
requirement for licensees to notify the NRC ops center within 24 hours of discovering an
intentional or allegedly intentional diversion of licensed rad material from its intended or
authorized use....The proposed rule would required reporting of events that cause, or haqve the
potential to cause, an exposure of individuals whether or not the exposure exceed reg limits".
Submit comments by March 1, 1996.  Info contact Mary Thomas, NRC email
MLT!@NRC.GOV.
Not checked for typos, disclaimed by NRC and USGov:  my typing skill to blame for errors.

Todd Jackson, NRC Region I
tjj@nrc.gov