Decon of Toilets - I-131

This has cropped up as a common concern.  I just remembered that I dis-
cussed the issue with a plumber here.  Our toilets flush very vigrously
and it is not surprizing that I-131 laced urine gets underneath the lip
where the porcelain is not sealed.  And as some have noted already it's
a real pain trying to decon it.  Someone mentioned drapping plastic to
the water level, I've tried that and it didn't work.  But next time I'm
going to have a plumber adjust the flush to be much gentler.  This may,
coupled with the plastic drap solve the problem.

Peter G. Vernig, VA Medical Center, Denver
vernig.peter@denver.forum.va.gov

Any opinions are my own and not those of this facility the Department of
Veterans Affairs or the U.S. Government.