Re: Interstate commerce

>Oddly enough, this was the part that was unclear.  I have heard
>interpretations ranging from "crossing a state line" to "driving on a US
>Interstate" to "driving on a US Highway" to "crossing a US Highway."

"Interstate" is the crucial word here. An activity that occurs entirely
within the borders of a single state cannot be regulated by the Federal
government, even if the activity takes place on Federal or Interstate
highways (that's why the State Police are out there!). If the activity
involves actions in 2 or more states, then the Feds have jurisdiction.
Bob Flood
Unless otherwise noted, all opinions are mine alone.
(415) 926-3793
bflood@slac.stanford.edu