Re: Food Irradiation

>	1. The FDA says that one of two labels must be on irradiated food
>		a. Treated with Radiation
>		b. Treated by Irradiation.
>Is it just that one might
>be more pleasing to the ear than the other? (as my colleagues have
>suggested?)  ... which one would you choose?

Entering layperson mode...

I would definitely choose b. over a.

Not-A: Many people think "radiation" and "radioactivity" are synonymous.
Anything "treated with radiation" might still have some activity in it.

B: As irrelevant is the opposite of relevant, irradiation sounds like it
might be the opposite of radiation.  That's got to make the food safer, right?

Leaving layperson mode...

Albert Lee Vest           The Ohio State University
Health Physicist    Room 103 1314 Kinnear Road Bldg
(614)292-1284                     1314 Kinnear Road
avest@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu   Columbus OH 43212
My employer did not review or approve this message.