Phenol/ Chloroform/32p mixed waste

How do or would  you handle a mixed waste stream of pippetman tips and
eppendorf tubes containing or contaminated with Phenol/Chloroform liquid and
32p (created during DNA extractions). Would you satellite accumulate. Hold
for decay(140days) then ship as Hazardous waste (both solid and liquid) or
ship offsite within 90days as Radioactive mixed waste?
Another question I have is the clarification of the definition of a  "
Container". Do you consider a pippetman tip (AFTER USE) a container?, or is
a bag full of tips a container? Could you consider them "empty" by
definition or are they in fact hazardous waste?You may E-mail me directly.
Thank you
Mark Dater

Safety Technican II

Nexstar Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
2860 Wilderness Pl.
Boulder, Co.   80301

 E-mail mdater@nexstar.com (Mark Dater)
 (wk) (303) 546-7703
{fax)(303) 444-0672
THESE  QUESTIONS ARE MINE ALONE AND NOT THOSE OF MY EMPLOYER