Re: Recycling of Smoke Detectors

My apologies to RADSAFE people.  Tried to send this to E-Mail address in
signature line but it got kicked back...

 To Vicki Chouinar (Honeywell),

One company (Pyrotronics) in New Jersey (I think) takes back old
smoke detectors that have their names on them.  They recyle the
"high-voltage" type and give a credit for purchase of replacements.
However, their low voltage type (similar to in-home detectors) require
you to pay a fee to them (~$6-$8 each) so that they can dispose of them
(evidently no recylcing, only waste).

Tad Blanchard                 /___\ /___\     NASA-Goddard Space Flt Ctr
Nat'l Health Svc, Inc              O             Greenbelt, Maryland
Sr Health Physics Tech            / \            Phone: 301-286-9157
                                 /___\
                      Tad.Blanchard@GSFC.NASA.gov