Re: Bioassay Costs

You did not specify the number of samples per year (a range even, ie:
1-3 or 1 - 100).  The more analysizes that are performed at one time
typically the greater the economies of scale and the better the price
for the government.  We did a similar survey of several select vendors
when I worked on the Yucca Mt. Projects, Radiological/Environmental
Field Program.

The other factor which weighed heavily on the cost was the QA program,
yours or theirs.  DOE QA programs can add considerable expense to the
analysis, since it can require modification of the vendors existing
procedures and forms.