Re: Information-vs-opinions

 INFORMATION:

 There have been a number of comments on RADSAFE regarding the appropriateness
 of various individuals' submittals.

 OPINION:

 I consider many of the RADSAFE submittals to be puerile, inane, officious,
 ill-thought, tedious, or distracting, ad nauseam, but I also value many of the
 informed opinions and information posted here.

 INFORMATION:

 Many responsible RADSAFERS courteously request that responses be sent directly
 to them rather than to RADSAFE.

 OPINION:

 Sometimes, direct responses are appropriate, however, sometimes I also feel
 that the responses would be of value to many RADSAFERS, but that the
 requesters are unnecessarily concerned about cluttering up the bandwidth or
 drawing unwanted fire from other RADSAFERS.

 INFORMATION:

 I have ultimate control over what I choose to read by judicious use of my
 "delete" option.

 OPINION:

 I don't follow all the threads on RADSAFE because I either have no experience
 or no interest in those topics, but I recognize their value to others in the
 health physics community, and wouldn't think of censoring them (well, maybe a
 little). But I do wish that some individuals would learn to keep on topic and
 refrain from chattering across the Internet (and I recognize that some may
 think that I'm doing just that right now, but I have stayed on the topic of
 this thread.)

 Thank you all for your time, whether you agree with my comments or not.

   Bruce Pickett
   The Boeing Company, Seattle, WA
   shea136@kgv2.bems.boeing.com

 BS:
 | "You can't talk to a man when he don't want to understand." |
 |                                - Carole King                |