Re: radsafe partitioning

  However, I would strongly urge that the
>RADSAFE mailing list be considered for partitioning into separate subject
>areas, to one or more of which individuals with narrower interests (and
>restricted time) could subscribe. One sample breakdown might resemble the
>following:
>
>- Regulation, regulatory policy
>- Radioisotope/medical health physics
>- Reactor health physics
>- Dosimetry and instrumentation
>- Environmental radiation/transport modeling
>- Waste management and disposal
>- Radiobiology
>- Instrumentation

AGREED!! As a non-US subscriber, I find most of the Radsafe banter about
10CFR this or that (whatever that is!!) completely irrelevant to me.
However, I think that before the Radsafe administrator goes down this path,
she needs to look at past postings and determine exactly what the subject
areas need to be and seek further advice from subscribers.

If there was the possibility that partitioning could lessen the value of
this list, I think it better to leave it as it is. Lets face it, it doesn't
take that long to quickly scan a posting and send it to the Trash if
necessary!! In any case, such a partitioning should be trialled for a set
period to see if it works and this trial should only occur if the majority
of Radsafe subscribers agree. (How's that for democracy!)

Another thought - aren't there already other lists that deal with some of
the subject areas suggested?

Regards

  Alex Zapantis
  Radiation Safety Officer
  Queensland University of Technology
  Acting Manager
  Health & Safety Section
  Locked Bag No.2                    Ph     : 61 7 3864 3566
  Red Hill Qld 4059                    fax     : 61 7 3864 3993
  AUSTRALIA                           Email  : a.zapantis@qut.edu.au

       "If I could remember the names of all those particles
        I would have become a botanist."
                                                            Enrico Fermi