Re: Industry Event

     Haven't seen the article but have seen many like it before. The
     problem with this nuclear hysteria is, that they never provide any
     real information, such as, how much contamination, what was the extent
     of the contamination, was anybody else contaminated due to having
     contact with the tools, where was it found, how long was it in the
     area before being identified as contaminated and was there any dose
     associated with it. To put things in perspective from a nuclear power
     plant perspective, an item is considered contaminated if there is 100
     cpm above background, i.e., in our case, 1,000 dpm. While we don't
     know the levels of contamination in this situation, 1,000 dpm is not
     significant, becoming so only due to its association with a power
     plant.

     Sandy Perle
     Supervisor Health Physics
     Florida Power and Light Company