Re: Industry Event

Sandy --

It's all in how you look at things; presumably you mean 1000 dpm/100 square
cm.  Let me ask the question:  would you want your children (or newly
pregnant wife, for that matter) playing in an area with that level of
contamination (especially if it's Pu -- I know, I know, power plants are
concerned with beta activity!)?  That level of contamination over a wide
area might be of concern; if confined to a small area might be
insignificant.  The problem is somewhat more complex, I think, than you suggest.

Cheers,

Ron Kathren