Better post tips! (was Re: partitioning)

Better than partitioning, I suggest six tips:

1.  Put MEANING (or INTEREST) into the Subject heading you use!  Make it
quick and easy for the potential reader to decide if your post is
something they want to read, especially when only the listgroup's name
appears on the inbox list of messages.

2.  Make your main point in the first few sentences.  Don't do
a long buildup.  Elaborate and amplify in subsequent paragraphs.

3.  Keep paragraphs short, make it easy for people to SCAN (I don't read
email; I scan it (with my finger on the delete key!).

4.  Quote < 4 lines of prior post AND ONLY if essential.  By the 3rd or
4th post commenting on an original email, interested people will know
what was said anyway.

5. If a thread shifts, RETITLE the heading so those who have lost (or
never had) interest in the original topic are aware of the change.

6. Work at improving Items 1-5.

Rick

|_||_\/_| |_\|____/ |_|/_| |_\|_|\__||     | (512)310-5259  FAX (512)244-0160
-------------------------------------| LLC | rick_strickert@radian.com