Re:

>I urgently need detailed information on methods of radon detection in soils
>
>(outdoor measurements).

One of the Academics in the School of Physics here at QUT has a piece of
equipment which measures directly the radon and thoron emanation from soils
in situ. He will be able to provide you with detailed information.

His name is Dr Riaz Akber. His email address is r.akber@qut.edu.au

Regards

  Alex Zapantis
  Radiation Safety Officer
  Queensland University of Technology
  Acting Manager
  Health & Safety Section
  Locked Bag No.2                    Ph     : 61 7 3864 3566
  Red Hill Qld 4059                    fax     : 61 7 3864 3993
  AUSTRALIA                           Email  : a.zapantis@qut.edu.au

       "If I could remember the names of all those particles
        I would have become a botanist."
                                                            Enrico Fermi