Re: Job coverage for contaminated filters

I recall that someone at Los Alamos was having a similar Be-7 monitoring problem.  Might try them

for the monitoring solution.  Be-7 is also a significant nuclide at SLAC.  I thought they were

going to try to get relief from DoE for the limits for this nuclide.

I do not have any direct experience but would try a thin crystal NaI optimized for the .48 MeV

photon.  But if you have a high background level it will be impossible.

As to the filters, I suggest you get the engineer who designed the installation to volunteer to

demonstrate a safe changeout.  Maybe he will learn some practical engineering techniques.