Chrnobyl effects - Wales and Northern UK

I thought someone on this list might have information that could help this
person......

>Date:         Mon, 8 Apr 1996 09:09:46 -0400
>From: Gary Evans <evansg@nal.usda.gov>
>Subject:      Chrnobyl effects - Wales and Northern UK
>To: Multiple recipients of list ECOLOG-L <ECOLOG-L@UMDD.UMD.EDU>
>
>I recently received a question regarding plume effects of Chernobyl on
>the meat, wool and animal industry of Wales.
>
>The discussion indicated that the western edge of the Chernobyl plume
>advanced over the UK with little recognizable effect except in north
>Wales.  In theory the Irish Sea thermals caused eddying of the plume long
>enough to deposit radiation.  apparently the levels are very low and thus
>of no serious concern to the human population, however, the grazers,
>notably the sheep and cattle, plus deer and other ruminants have through
>bioaccumulation, acquired enough radiation to make the meat unmarketable.
>
>Can anyone provide references, email addresses of scientists or MAFF
>workers who can either confirm or deny this rumor?
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Gary R. Evans
>US Department of Agriculture
>Washington, DC
>USA
>evansg@nalusda.gov

Larisa Streeter
    Corporate Environmental Scientist
      Western Atlas International, Inc.
        Houston, Texas
          larisa@sam.neosoft.com

*** My opinion only. Use at your own risk. No warranties real or ***
*** implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your mileage may vary.***
*** My boss has already disavowed all knowledge of my actions....***