10CFR20 on the Web -Reply -Reply

>>> Charleen Raddatz <CTR@nrc.gov> - 4/12/96 6:00 AM >>>
The reason that no one at NRC has the electronic copy, is that GPO
publishes things in a non-standard format (kodak or something).  So
when we finish a rule, it is translated to this format none of us can
use.  There are always minor edits made and even subsequent revisions
that only affect small portions.  So, we do not have an electronic
version, that is up to date, that includes all of Part 20.

If this is the case then the NRC needs to change how they do things.
Ten years ago the USDOL - OSHA worked diligently on setting up a
process so that ALL documents (Federal Register notices, standards,
letters of interpretations, internal technical manuals...) in a form
to facilitate computer dissemination. The result is the OSHA CDROM
published by GPO, the contents of which are also available on the
OSHA Web site.

IMHO the NRC, and DOT, really needs to copy what OSHA has done in
this area. OSHA and EPA have excellent information dissemination
through electronic media. The NRC and DOT Web sites are severly
lacking in useful material and appear to be mainly PR.

Just my two bits worth.

Michael Blotzer
michael.j.blotzer@lerc.nasa.gov