Re: Re[2]: IH/HP question

To all,

The qualifications of the Radiation Safety Officer for an US
Nuclear Regulatory Commission licensed program (medical) are
given in Title 10 Code of Federal Regulations Part 35 (Subpart
J--Training and Experience Reguirements).

    35.900 Radiation Safety Officer
    35.901 Training for experienced Radiation Safety Officer

The other parts of Subpart J deal with the provisions of
specific services involving the use of radionuclides (generally
applied to Nuclear Medicine physicians and MDs associated with
other specialties that occassionally use byproduct material
in medicine).

For the RSO, the following board certifications are recognized:

    ABHP (Comprehensive HP NOT Reactor HP)
    ABR
    ABSNM
    BPS (Nuclear Pharmacy)

Otherwise, that is for the non-certified majority, the number
of training hours/subjects and experience must be applied (and
determined/approved) before appointment!  This level of detail
is NOT provided in 10CFR20.

Good Day,

MikeG.

At 07:29 AM 4/12/96 -0500, you wrote:
>     Although I am probably late on responding to this, and I am sure
>     everyone else has, what the heck.
>
>     Nope!  10CFR20 does not touch on this.  10CFR20 does not touch on
>     qualification of any person, position, individual, or any other
>     qualification that I have found.  Now the version I am using is about
>     4 months old, so maybe there have been changes I am not aware of.
>
>     Best regards,
>
>     Ronald_goodwin@health.ohio.gov
Michael P. Grissom
mikeg@slac.stanford.edu