Re: Simulated Contamination

You might want to try fluorescein dye (Trade name:  Funduscein).  It comes
in 5 ml ampules.  Mix with H2O and it will go a LONG way!!!  You can get it
from any Emergency Room, Hospital Pharmacy or Eye clinic.  It is used to
"stain" the eye when looking for foreign bodies in the eye.  It will glow
under a UV light.

At 14:05 4/15/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anybody know where I can get some of the fluorescent powder that is
>used as "simulated" contamination during training.  I think you put a uv
>light on it and it shows up.  Are there common compounds that can be used
>for this purpose (I seem to remember certain laundy detergents) or do I have
>to buy some high-dollar "official" stuff??
>
>Thanks for your help in advance.
>
>Keith Welch
>welch@cebaf.gov
>KW

CAPT Jerry A. Thomas,  MSC, USN
Chief Radiological Physics
Department of Radiology/Nuclear Medicine
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
4301 Jones Bridge Road
Bethesda, MD  20814-4799

mailto:thomas@bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil
Phone:   (301) 295-3246