--------------------------------------
Date: 4/15/96 12:47 PM
To: GORDON MILLER
From: radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu

Does anyone happen to know the approximate dose an astronaut might
receive during a RT to Mars without extra shielding?   What increase in
dose might be expected from a solar flare during the trip?

Rick

Richard G. Strickert, Ph.D.         | "Before I came here I was confused
Radian International, Austin, TX    |  about this subject.  Having listened
512-310-5259, FAX 512-244-0160      |  to your lecture I am still confused.
Internet:rick_strickert@radian.com  |  But on a higher level."
 ---> "All written IMHO." <---      |                       - E. Fermi