Re: Dose during Mars trip

At 02:38 PM 4/15/96 -0500, you wrote:

>Does anyone happen to know the approximate dose an astronaut might
>receive during a RT to Mars without extra shielding?   What increase in
>dose might be expected from a solar flare during the trip?
>
>Rick
>
>Richard G. Strickert, Ph.D.         | "Before I came here I was confused
>Radian International, Austin, TX    |  about this subject.  Having listened
>512-310-5259, FAX 512-244-0160      |  to your lecture I am still confused.
>Internet:rick_strickert@radian.com  |  But on a higher level."
> ---> "All written IMHO." <---      |                       - E. Fermi

I've been asked that question before.  Try accessing the WWW at the
following URL - http://medlib.jsc.nasa.gov/intro/humans.html

If this doesn't work, let me know.

Tad  Blanchard              /__ \ /___\    NASA-Goddard Space Flt Ctr
Nat'l Health Svc, Inc            O             Greenbelt, Maryland
Sr Health Physics Tech          / \            Phone: 301-286-9157
                               /___\
                  Tad.M.Blanchard.1@GSFC.NASA.gov