Re: Review of Records by A Regulatory

Along the lines of this thread:

At a recent NRC inspection I had 2 concerns regarding the inspection of
our records.

1.  The inspector wanted to take our Radiation Safety Committee minutes
home to review after business hours.

2.  After reviewing these minutes (at our facility) they were returned
all mixed up.  This happened to me once before with some survey records,
the survey record ended up lost, and then, at the subsequent inspection
we were cited for not having performed the survey.  I am considering only
giving the inpectors one record at a time in the future.

I was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences and/or what
corrective actions you have taken.  Also, would an NRC representative
like to speak up on the appropriateness of item 1?  Does the NRC have
policies on this?  It should.

Kent Lambert
lambert@hal.hahnemann.edu

All opinions are well reasoned and insightful.
Needless to say, they are not (necessarily) the
opinion of my employer.  - Michael Feldman