Subject: Help! Uranium Expert Needed
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at Internet
Date:    4/18/96 10:40 AM

I've been contacted by New Jersey News who is in the process of covering a
story that's been gaining public attention in recent weeks - it seems that
there's a cancer cluster that has appeared in the vicinity of Toms River, NJ
and people are thrashing around looking for something to blame it on.  I'd
just heard that elevated levels of radioactivity have been found in some wells
in that area - my boss says he saw a newspaper article that mentioned uranium.

At any rate, NJN is looking for someone to interview specifically about uranium
and its effects on the human body, hazardous levels, etc.  I told the reporter
that I'd see if I could find someone local or reasonably near to NJ who could
talk knowledgeably about the specific issue of uranium.  (Me?  I'd have to do
some reading and I'd rather find someone who could just spew the information
out.)  Of course, they want to speak to an expert today.  They said that they
want to speak with someone who is not affiliated with the state government.

Got any help, names, suggestions to offer me?

Sue Dupre/Princeton University
dupre@princeton.edu
phone:  609/844-0459