Re: Help! Uranium Expert Needed

Supervisor, Radiation Dosimetry & Records
User ID-RUH; Mail Stop-4147;  Ext. 6-1973
Ron Goodwin is right!! I worked at TMI after the accident and had
contact with its sister plant-Oyster Creek- which is right near Tom's
River. In discussions with some of my co-workers at that time, we recall
that "the cancer cluster" appeared at that time also, 12-14 years ago.
It was attributed to historical hazardous waste practices that had
occurred in the region. We could not recall with certainty the specific
hazardous waste. The recollection was that in the way distant past, the
housing prices had been very attractive because of the known waste
practices, sufficiently so that people were willing to disregard the
hazard potential. To be CRYSTAL CLEAR, the hazardous waste activities
were NOT related to Oyster Creek or radiological in nature!!!!!

Paul Ruhter RUH@INEL.GOV

*** Reply to note of 04/18/96 12:13
To: RADSAFE --INELMAIL RADSAFE

Subject: Re: Help! Uranium Expert Needed
     Blame it on the Toms River and NJ - both are more hazardous to human
     health than Uranium!

     Ronald_goodwin@health.ohio.gov

     Sorry Dr. Lipoti - did not mean to flame NJ!