? RCM or RSO Pre-requisites

In this new found age where Web "facts" replace formalized
education and training, I have a serious question.

What level of Health Physics experience or education is
considered reasonable of an RSO (Rad Safety Officer)
or RCM (Rad Con Manager)?

Although helpful for exchanging ideas, I'd like to think
that subscriptions to listservers or browsing relevant
web pages in no way serve to qualify one for these positions.

If I may boldly adapt a familiar phrase...
I'm not an HP but I play one in real life.

Are there others who share my concerns/observations?  With
your permission, I prefer to keep the discussion at the group
level but I will accept direct responses.

Thanks,

Greg Jones
gejones@slip.net