Re: DECLARED PREGNANT WORKER WAIVERS

Penn has a formal education program for workers who become pregnant.  A
specialized counselor has been identified.  Some minimal participation in
the educational program is mandatory, but how each worker chooses to
respond is her own choice. The policy only required minimal revision after
the 1994 Supreme Court decision reaffirming a women's right to make her own
choices about hazards in the work place.  Most women who have given me
feedback enjoyed the "course" and appreciated a formal mechanism for
ensuring that the information they needed was provided.

Written descriptions could probably be mustered if needed.

mozley@darius.pet.upenn.edu