Re: Air Crew Rad Workers?

But the NCRP recommendations are for exposures
other than natural background.  This then gets
into the argument of whether these are
technologically enhanced source terms subject
to control and reduction by the employers.
Not to pass the buck (which I am) but that is
a political decision.  But if we (collectively)
want to assert a public health position that all
exposures above X be subject to controls and
monitoring (i.e., no fair picking off small
segments that are easy to identify and handle) then
that would seem (to me) to be a more rational
approach.

Now, what value should we give 'X'?
Keep in mind that millions of U.S. residents are
exposed to over 1 rem per year, and 10's of thousands
to over 5 rem per year.

A little risk adds spice to life.
slaback@MICF.NIST.gov