Re: Air Crew Rad Workers

I can think of a number of cogent reasons why monitoring of air crews
should be done.  First, there may well be a regulatory requirment since
exposures may exceed 25% of the annual MPD.  But that notwithstanding, it
would be nice to accumulate the data for research purposes, a basis
secondary to ensuring that exposures are minimized.  Adjustment of flight
schedules can reduce exposures to individuals.  You should refer to the
editorial I wrote in Health Physics about 15 years ago entitled "What Is
Occupational Exposure" for some other insights.

Ron Kathren