RE Stress Test

Radsafers,
I did not study the original message about the basketball player
and his stress test.  There are exercising EKGs that some might
interpret as a "stress test".  There are also heart studies using
Tc-99m, I believe.  But generally, I think, a "stress test" would
be "stress thallium [201] study.  In that the dose is about 4 mCi and
it is injected when the patient is at "maximum" stress or exertion,
while exercising on a treadmill.  Since this is done to a moving
patient, who is fatigued, mishaps are not, shall we say uncommon.

ICRP didn't yeild much about ellimination except a biological half
life of 10 days [physical half life is 73 hours].  ICRP says the
thallium is uniformly distributed to all organs except the kidneys.

Would one infer that urine is not a major route of excretion from that?

Peter G. Vernig, VA Medical Center, vernig.peter@forum.va.gov