Re: Imported Doped Silicon

10 CFR 30.14(b) requires that exempt concentrations be introduced
into a product by a specific licensee.  Since the product is irradiated
outside of the jurisdiction of the NRC or any Agreement State, the
importer appears to bear the burden of becoming a licensee, if not
already one.

At 10:43 AM 5/21/96 -0500, Jeff Ching DSN 633-1023 wrote:
>I'm trying to find the regulatory requirements for importing neutron
transmuted
>doped silicon that has been irradiated at a foreign reactor.  The doped
silicon
>will contain byproduct material but the concentrations will not exceed 10 CFR
>30.70 limits.  The recipient will be a semiconductor company who does not
>possess an NRC or Agreement state license.
>
>Please respond to me directly unless you feel that others might benefit from
>your response.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>

>Jeff Ching, RSO				ching.jeff@sma1.mcclellan.af.mil
>McClellan Nuclear Radiation Center	(916) 643-1023

ELI A.PORT, CHP, CIH, P.E.
RSSI
eport@nwu.edu
VOICE:847.965.1999, 24X7